Tuesday, July 6, 2010

you can stop holding your breath

I know you were really worried, but you'll sleep easily tonight knowing that EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of my blood smears came back negative.

I do NOT have malaria.

I do NOT have Erlichiosis or Babesiosis (blood parasites).

I actually made it through an entire school year in Nigeria without getting tragically sick. Praise God.

At least I was prepared. For a whopping N250 ($1.63), I brought this back, just in case:


Fansidar is a common malaria treatment. I figured having this on hand could save me a lot of headaches, ICU visits, and medical bills. Just sayin'.

And yes, that's a bottle of Nigerian groundnuts I unknowingly smuggled through customs. I may or may not be hoarding them, trying to make them last longer.

I miss it all. Everything. Badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment