Wednesday, January 13, 2010

These things make me LOVE being a teacher

I got a love letter today. Tiny Asmau, a grade 5 girl, dropped it on my desk while I was out teaching. Letter like this makes everything else about living in Nigeria worthwhile.

Dear Mrs. Thomas
How are you? Hope you are fine. I just wanted to tell you that You are the best teacher that i ever seen in my whole life.

You are so kind and you are so beautiful.

And 1 more thing, Thank you for teaching me kindness.

And, I love you, I love you, I love you.

I wish you a nice day.

Yours faithfully
Asmau M...

My heart just melts.

1 comment:

  1. audrey thomas14 January, 2010

    Your dad was right. He said that when you left for Nigeria the people there were going to fall in love with you and enjoy being around you as much as we did here (while we had you). Love God. Love People. And in the process if your heart melts, then you're doubly blessed!
    Love,
    Mom
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete