Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy 2 Months!

Dear Nigeria,

Happy 2 Month Anniversary! We've been in a relationship for 8 weeks so far, and I've loved almost every minute of it. I celebrated today by shopping at Garki Market, answering to the name "oibo," and sweating to the point of dehydration. Good times.

Look, Naija, I wanted to talk to you about something. You've been very good to me thus far--the very definition of hospitable--but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind turning down the heat. I mean, I know you and the Equator are really tight, but if you two decided to get in a fight and part ways for a little while, giving me a few days of sub-90 degree weather, I would really love that.

I'm sure we can sort this out. I mean, I'm in this for the long haul. I'm not giving up on you yet, Nigeria.

Love,
Maggie

P.S. We're taking a break for a few weeks in December, just so you know. I'm sure our relationship is strong enough for that kind of test. I'll come back to you, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment