Sunday, November 8, 2009

Daily Grind

Yesterday, my parents asked me what's new in my life. It's a harmless question, especially considering that I now live on a different continent, but I honestly couldn't think of an answer.

See? It happens, even in Nigeria. Life settles into a daily grind, and monotony creeps in.

Instead of choosing to be bored, though, I'm going to be thankful. I think I prefer routine to the other more dangerous ways life in Nigeria can be "interesting."

So I'm going to keep planning lessons, as I am wont to do every Sunday afternoon. And tomorrow, like every weekday morning, I'm going to get up at 5:45 a.m. and take my vitamins and eat my oatmeal and go be Miss Thomas, the baddest Lit teacher there ever was.

It's a routine, but it's my life. I am so lucky to be living it.

1 comment:

  1. Audrey Thomas09 November, 2009

    Monotony can be a good thing at times. It keeps us out of trouble and plugging along with what God has called us to be doing.

    You keep taking those vitamins and eating that oatmeal sweetie. Because in 34 days you're going to be home where you can have all the excitement you can stand!
    Love,
    Mom
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete