Friday, November 20, 2009

Staff Training Day

Did you ever wonder what happened on those "Staff Training Days" in high school or the "Faculty Development Days" in college? I'm on the inside now, so let me fill you in:

Meetings.

It's really boring. I mean, I'm wearing jeans and there aren't any students here, so it can't be all that bad. But it's in Nigeria, which means that time is irrelevant. Which means that I arrived at school ON TIME at 7:30 for what I was told was an 8am meeting only to find out that it was, indeed, a 9am training meeting.

Silver lining? I'm blogging while I wait for the show to start.

Update (2:21pm local time): Okay, so the meeting wasn't that boring. Especially because I received some good tips for lesson planning, ate Chicken Republic, and hung out with my friends. Yep, just like going back to school.

3 comments:

  1. Chicken Republic is Nigerian fast food. Think of it like KFC, but instead of mashed potatoes and gravy, they have jollof rice or "chips" - what we would call steak fries.
    I always get a chicken sandwich and Sprite in a glass bottle for about $4.50. Abuja's not cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds pretty good. I have some Nigerian friends and I love it when they cook. They LOVE the spices!

    ReplyDelete