Thursday, December 17, 2009

Home for the Holidays

I'm safe & sound, back on U.S. soil. It is so good to be home. Although, home looks a bit different than when I left in August. Firstly, it looks like this outside:
And like this:

There was an approximate 80-degree difference between leaving Nigeria on Saturday and arriving in Minneapolis on Sunday. Good times.

Home looked a bit different inside, too. Apparently, my mom is something of an elf...and has been working on a total bedroom makeover for me the past 4 months. I'm really enjoying the fruits of her labor:
There's been 3 floral prints adorning these walls for the past 16 years.
My initial reaction: "I have a big-girl bedroom now!" It's so beautiful. A million thanks to Mom, Dad, and Sarah, who helped get it ready by Sunday. I have a legit reading corner now! And throw pillows!!! I feel like such a grownup!

I'm just soaking up time with family and loved ones right now. Kinda like recharging my batteries for the next 6-month push.

It's bound to be a wonderful Christmas.


If you were keeping track...Christmas Countdown: 0.

1 comment:

  1. Maggie,

    It is great to see you got home safe. We pray for you often.

    ReplyDelete