Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to me!

All I really wanted for Christmas was my visa...and I got my wish today!

I didn't get exactly what I applied for, but that's Nigerian Immigration for you. I did get an STR visa, and I will be returning to Abuja, as scheduled on January 1st, which is the whole point.

There are a couple conditions: it's only good for 3 months and is single-entry only. The practical ramifications mean that I can enter Nigeria in January and can leave at any time, but I will not be allowed back in (This is not an ideal situation, clearly.). Furthermore, I have 3 months to convert this visa into a semi-permanent work permit. This shouldn't be a problem.

So I'm headed back to Nigeria. And I'll be bringing my new Kindle. Which might be my second-best Christmas wish. Merry Christmas, indeed!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas from all of us. Darlene says Hi. We are glad you got your visa. God is still good!

    ReplyDelete