Tuesday, September 22, 2009

More Pictures!

Thanks to Mom and her high-speed internet, I'm able to share a couple more pictures from Nigeria!

This picture was taken on my very first night in Abuja. If I look absolutely out of it, it's because I was. :) The white woman is my Canadian/British flatmate Jan and the Indian woman is Rachel. We're in her flat, which is directly above ours.


















I have adopted Nigerian fashion with open arms, and take great joy in wearing traditional dress to school on Fridays. I get tons of compliments for trying to "fit in." I bought this dress ready-made in the market, and top is a bit constricting, so I might have a tailor let it out. (I'm also having 2 other traditional outfits made - I should have those within the next 2 weeks)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Maggie,

    I love this picture. You look so cute in this dress.

    Love,

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress!! So cute! (And would love it if you want to bring one home for me, if they aren't too expensive - I'll pay you back!) :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete