Friday, September 18, 2009

By the numbers...

59 is the number students I have in grades 6, 7, 8, 10, 11.
40 is the number of writing assignments I graded today for Grade 6.
3 is the number of assignments that said "Miss Thomas is my favorite teacher."

11 is the number of hours I was at school today (Parent's Night).
6 is the number of students' parents I met.

5 is the number of tests I've written this week.
3 is the number of times I had to write the Grade 11 test, starting from scratch each time because of power outages to my classroom computer.
8 is the number of times I've drawn the Plot Map Diagram today.
2 is the number of students I've almost sent to the Principal's Office.

14 is the number of days we've been in school.
75 is the number of lesson plans I've written since then.

1 is the number of clarinets owned by the Music Department.
0 is the number of teachers they have to teach clarinet.
8 is the number of years I played clarinet.
10 is the number of reeds I've ordered for when I start teaching. (yikes!)

4 is the number of cups of tea I've had today.
5 is the number of hours of sleep I got last night.
12 is the number of blisters on my feet.


26 is the number of days I've been in Nigeria.
88 is the number of days before I come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment