Friday, February 5, 2010

Hear Me Out

If you don't believe in miracles, just hear me out.
I'm about to rock you.


Shortly after I moved to Nigeria, my paternal grandfather was diagnosed with cancer. He underwent surgery while I was home for Christmas, and we were able to be with him, Grandma, my aunt & two uncles during the holidays.

(at my college graduation last May)

Since my return to Nigeria, Grandpa has been back to the hospital, undergoing further tests and scans to determine the type of cancer he has and how prevalent it is in his body.


Mom called me this week with the results of that PET scan:
(Are you ready? Are you ready?)


There is no cancer anywhere in his body.

The doctors' reaction was something along the lines of, "We know you have cancer because we left some in there during surgery." (They couldn't get it all.) And now there's none. He hasn't even had chemo or radiation yet.

Tell me there's not something supernatural about this. Go ahead, I dare you. My family will laugh you out of the room. This has miracle written all over it. My. God. heals.

All blessing and honor, glory and power and praise.

2 comments:

  1. Maggie, your post just gave me chills. You know the Lord is in charge when something like this happens. May God's blessings continue to fall on your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT! awesome, what an amazing God we serve! :)

    ReplyDelete