Wednesday, May 26, 2010

fix it.

Newsflash: following a really major screw-up moment, a teacher generally feels compelled to find a way to make reconciliation and restitution (Marcy - thanks for the reminder!)

Apparently, love may cover a multitude of sins, but so does pushing the semester exam back 'til tomorrow. :)

I was upbeat and positive as I "gifted" the extra day to Grade 6. I told them moving the exam back is like a big "I LOVE YOU." And, in true kid fashion, they believed my sincerity. I think I'm forgiven.

I spoke with the boy whose feelings I hurt, and we're moving in positive directions - at least he's speaking to me now. I have a feeling it may take every day of the 22 I have left to earn his trust back, but I'm going to continue building him up until he sees how precious he is.

I'm feeling better. Not quite so empty. It is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment