Sunday, May 30, 2010

this feels like closure

My first goodbye was on Friday. One of my Grade 6 students traveled early for her summer holiday, and I took her aside, gave her a hug and reminded her how grateful I am for her sweet spirit in my classroom this year. It was such a personalized goodbye, and while I know I can't have one like that with all of my 71 students, I hope I can mean every word I say in the process.

I wrote the following in an email to my Mom, and it feels a lot like closure.

I feel like I've completed what I came here to do. I went all in.

I have no regrets. I've come full circle. And now it's time to say goodbye. Time to come home. Those statements have all been incredibly costly and incredibly tearful, but they are incredibly sincere.

Countdown: 18 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment