Tuesday, June 1, 2010

anticipation

Things I am looking forward to, in no particular order:

1. Show-and-tell with anyone and everyone who will let me show them pictures and tell them stories from my life here.
2. Storytime with Auntie Maggie and my little buddy, J.
3. Entertainment Weekly's Summer Movie Calendar: 26 and counting!
4. Getting acquainted with the menu at Oak City and making my brother earn his tip!
5. Road trips: Chicago, Iowa, and Boulder are must-drives, but I'm open to suggestions.
6. Birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and other celebrations with loved ones.
7. Doing laundry without having to fill the washtub with a bucket.
8. 3 words: high. speed. internet.
9. Attending Southland City Church.
10. Being employed (that one hasn't happened yet, but it will!)

I'm gettin' ready...are you?!

4 comments:

  1. Yep! August 18th here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey Thomas02 June, 2010

    HEre's what is on my list:
    1. Cooking you anyting and everything you've been missing.
    2. Walks in Hyland Park; maybe a few bike rides too.
    3. Chick flicks and popcorn.
    4. Hugs and Kisses - from us as well as all of those people who have been faithful in praying for you.
    My countdown gadget reads 16 days, 13 hours. 25 minutes.
    Oh boy...it's really gonna happen!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready!!! :) I didn't know Jake is working at Oak City! Kyle and I went for a date there once... they have wonderful hot cocoa, that's all I really remember. :) And of course, I had to look up Southland on Facebook. How did you find out about it? It looks like a wonderful group! I can't wait to see you reading to Josiah. :) Oh, and I don't think I told you, but I have a guest pass on my zoo membership now, so we should go! Most of all, I can't wait to just hear your stories and laugh and cry together again. :) Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous02 June, 2010

    Count me and Amis in on #1. We love stories...and Africa...and you mostly.

    Anna K.

    ReplyDelete