Wednesday, June 9, 2010

surprise!

Grade 7 and their homeroom teacher, Mme. Mercy, threw me a surprise going away party today. I was legitimately shocked when they jumped out from behind the cupboards yelling "Surprise!" and "We'll Miss You!"

They were so pleased with their skillful planning - I really had no idea what they were up to! They made signs, gave me gifts and topped it off with great food and music. Better than all the gifts, though, was a handmade farewell card with messages from the whole class. I'll probably frame it, it's so lovely.

The best message was from a student who didn't do well in my class this semester. He wrote: "Thank you for making this quater the [best] for me we will miss you your the best and kindest teacher I ever had. I swear." Besides being flat-out precious, it was reassurance that even when Literature isn't their strength, I'm still getting through to my students somehow.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and encouraging blessing! I am so glad you got to experience this. Definitely well deserved and well earned.

    ReplyDelete