Sunday, June 6, 2010

rolling into the station

I prefer analogies when describing the end of each of my school years. Yes, this year qualifies as a school year, even if I am on the other side of the desk. It's fitting, no? Analogies for the English-major-turned-Lit-teacher?

My preferred analogy is a train coming into the station. Most trains ease their way in, slowing down as they near the platform, reducing speed and stopping gradually.

Not me. Never me.

I like to come screeching into the station, brakes hissing, making a full stop at the last possible moment. When I finally do come to rest, it's with a shudder and sigh of relief - whew, I made it. That was a crazy ride.

It should be no surprise then, that I procrastinated on my lesson plans until this evening...just to keep things interesting and to make sure I have work to keep me busy this week.

Isn't it just like me to rush full speed towards the end?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds more like the Wild Thing than a train. :) Press on, my dear! We are waiting with open arms to welcome you home!! Love!

    ReplyDelete