Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm Baaaack!

Arrived in the USA this afternoon (CST) after a few shenanigans at the Abuja Airport (of course)!

Security checked my bags (went poking through my pictures and told me they wanted to keep them...I said no), then my bags were weighed (all of them overweight; I begged a little and was not charged extra fees!), then I waited forever (plane was late) but got to say another goodbye to two students whose families were on my same flight!

I'll be honest - I cried at takeoff. It's fair to say I miss Nigeria already.

But I had quite the welcoming home party at the Minneapolis airport! My family and two of my dear friends came to greet me; tears, hugs, and yellow roses all around!

God is good, and though I am mourning Nigeria, it's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment